Monday, August 13, 2012

God of Hope, Strength, & Love

Once again today's blog is wrote by a guest blogger, my daughter Brianna.  Let me just say that having a daughter this mature in Christ makes my heart leap for joy!
_________________________________________

Hey, so what I'm about to say might sound bad, and so does starting off with that line, but hey it's true. It also might encourage you to stop reading, great even better. Okay here it is, are you ready, here we go: I support traditional marriage, meaning one man, one woman, and sex inside marriage only. Woah, shocker right? A Christian standing by their Bible based beliefs? Don't worry I'm a bit surprised myself. I'm like a teenage girl version of Dan Cathy, you know the Chick-Fil-A, traditional marriage guy. Wait, wait before you stop reading, listen, well look actually at what else I have to say.

I do like gays, scratch that, I love gays, or at least try to. I try to love everyone, it's a Jesus follower thing. This past school year I had a friend come out to me that they were gay. After they told me I told them you know my views, but I'm here for you no matter what, and that was that. We're still friends, we just have different beliefs, and we don't try to shove our beliefs down the other's throat. C'mon you don't make friends by doing stuff like that, it's just not very friendly...

Actually with that being said that leads me into my next little point thing. I have no intention whatsoever to change anyone's views, get them to think, yes, a 180 view change, no. Also the last thing I'm here to do is judge, I have no right to. I am just as human as the next person, and I think we all are aware of how humans can be; very humany wumany. (Hehe Doctor Who reference for all the nerds)

Hey the only way I can say something like, "I only support traditional marriage," is if I have some to back it up. My back up, I am absolutely 100% convinced there is a God in heaven, the God of the Bible, and he is the only God. Now, I must confess, that I have had my fair share of doubts, but maybe my doubts are what lead to my rock solid faith. I had to doubt to God to really know he was there, kinda ironic really.

For me I have no reason to support homosexuality, because my God, the God of the Bible abhors it. Why would I support something that goes against everything I believe in? It makes no sense, so I don't. I hear so often, "But God creates people how he wants them to be." True he creates them with the power to choose; the power to choose him or the power to choose the world. He wouldn't be a loving God if he forced us to choose him. Since he gives us the choice, who am I to judge, who am I to condemn? I'm not, and I try not to, but as a Christian I'll be the first to admit I fail... miserably. I only fail though because I try doing it in my power. I forget that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -Phillipians4:13

I believe in God because of who he is and what he's done, not just in my life, but in the lives of others. If someone can give hope to the hopeless, then there's something there worth following. If he can take the kid headed to jail, caught up in gangs, there's gotta be something going on here. If he can take the formerly gay or the woman in the Roe v. Wade case and do a 180 on them, then this is someting huge. If the God of the universe takes time to transform the lives of individuals everywhere, then he's someone worth getting to know. But if he's never done any of this, then he's not worth it. If he's done even just one of these he's so worth it, but if he's done all of this and more, then he's indescribable. The God I believe has done all of this in more, so I give my life to follow God, not the world, cause my God is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment